From:
Linda Brunner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:50:07 -0600
Harry and all,

What a loss!  Bill frequently judged our show in the early years.  He was professional and entertaining.  Our club enjoyed his expertise and his conservations.  My favorite memory  of Bill occurred at one of our banquets.  I had given each judge a legal pad folder that I had so each would have a hard surface to write on as well as forms for each exhibit to use in evaluating each entry.  When Bill was announcing winners he made me blush when he said he knew he was welcome when he was handed his judging material.  You see when I gave him his folder it was one I had used while attending an inservice required for my job teaching environmental science.  The pad contained my name tag and the name of the inservice on the inside of the folder. When he opened the folder the first thing he saw in bright red letters was:  ” Let’s Get Wild!  Linda Brunner”.  There are other stories but that one stands out.

He was a wonderful, caring and witty man.  I was fortunate to have crossed his path.

Thank you for sharing this information.

Linda
http://listserv.uga.edu/scripts/wa-UGA.exe?SUBED1=conch-l-L&A=1