From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:41:41 -0500
or just use your money  and speak with your wallet, and  go someplace
that doesnt have restrictions. there are still plenty.

there are places like Belize and Costa Rica  or the ABCs, which cater
to a different kind of experience from the POV of an ecotraveler or
diver, or  cruise ship taker,   vs a shell collector, hypocritically
(sp. ?) or not;  and  there are those that either dont know  or dont
care if you take shells - was just reading about someones shelling
trip to Turks and Caicos, no problems there  eg....Panama - no
restrictions so far as i know- is right next to Costa Rica, Venezuela-
still several people leading groups to Margarita Is which is only 15
minute flight from the forbidden ABCs etc - and most of the best
shells in VZ  can be found in fishermans discards, where you dont even
have to harm the environment.  just saying....