Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 1994 09:32:44 EDT
CALL FOR PAPERS

SPECIAL LIBRARIES ASSOCIATION
GEOGRAPHY & MAP DIVISION

ANNUAL CONFERENCE
MONTREAL, CANADA JUNE 10-15, 1995

The theme for the Montreal conference is "The Power of Information:Transformin
g the World."Itchallenges us to explore information's power to change us and
the world we live in. The theme is international, reflecting the Association's
meetingplace in Montreal, Canada.

Interested persons are encouraged to submit papers for consideration on the
following themes: Mapping Canada--from Native American to Satellite Imagery;
GIS transforming our world--Standards for reference service; New technologies
and geography/map librarianship.

Suggestions about papers and activities at this conference are welcomed. Oral
presentations should be prepared not to exceed twenty minutes, although papers
themselves may be longer. A single page abstract of proposed papers must be
submitted to the Program Planner no later than September 15, 1994. Authors of
accepted papers will be notified shortly thereafter.

Send all proposals, information requests, and suggestions to:

Alice Hudson
Chief, Map Division, NYPL
5th Avenue & 42d Street
New York, NY 10018

Phone 212-930-0589; email: [log in to unmask]; Fax 212-921-2546.

Carol Marley at McGill University is the local arrangements contact in
Montreal and has worked hard on this program; Elaine Clement, of Penn State Un
iversity, is chair-elect of the Geography & Map Division. Please contact them
also if you need information, but all program coordination will be here at my
old desk at NYPL! So let us hear from you, and we hope to see lots of you in
Montreal next summer.