From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 16:33:14 EDT
This message is from Linda Zellmer.------Johnnie

     : Mon, 25 Sep 1995 07:49:56 -0700 (MST)
     : Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
        : Re: USGS topo map symbols

Isabel and other Maps-L Folk

The last time that I stoped at the Map Sales office in Denver I
picked up several copies of a freebie titled Topographic Map
Symbols.  Maybe someone at USGS can send you a copy (copies).  We
have encapsulated some for our reserve shelf and taped them in
conspicuous areas of the map collection, and find that they come in
handy when the freshmen are doing their basic mapping class.

Linda Zellmer
U. of WY

P.S. For those of you who have visited USGS Map Sales office and
the Federal Center in the past, access to the center has been
SEVERELY restricted.  You can no longer drive in the south gate to
Building 810, but have to wend your way through the entire Federal
Center.  There are also guards taking license plate numbers and
checking ID when you enter the gates.  Things have changed markedly
since OK City.