From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:48:07 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:11:59 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GIS News - Oct 4-8 Week In Review
Sender: [log in to unmask]

There was lot's of activity at SpatialNews & The GeoCommunity
http://www.geocomm.com this week.
Here's a summary of Geo Industry happenings that have been posted on our

site this past week

Have a nice week-end & Happy Thanksgiving to you Canadians!

Geo Industry News for Monday October 4, 1999:
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/06/index.html
~ New Version of Avenue Development Extension Released
~ Manifold Supports TIGER/Line 1998
~ Opening Of The Canada-Nunavut Geoscience Office
~ Federal And Territorial Governments Boost Geosciences In Nunavut
~ Increase of 1 Million Uninsured People, Census Bureau Says

Geo Industry News for Tuesday, October 5:
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/06/index.html
~ A NEW WAY FOR SCHOOLS TO GET INVOLVED IN GIS DAY AND CENSUS 2000
~ Customized Business Profiles Available on New Census Bureau
CompactDiscs
~ Autodesk Unveils AutoCAD OEM 2000 to Its Software Licensing Program
~ Leica Geosystems wins third contract for Australian Differential GPS
Beacon Systems
~ A brisk walk into the next century
~ Smallworld - System to provide 24/7 operation, SAP Customer Care
interface
~ Good News-Bad News Story for Recovery of Streams from Acid Rain in the

Northeastern U.S.

Geo Industry News for Wednesday October 6:
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/06/index.html
~ World’s largest image on the Internet
~ New Web Mapping and Routing Software from ESRI
~ Census in Schools Reaches Out to Make Every Child Count
~ Free ECW Compressor Software from Earth Resource Mapping
~ Smallworld and GeoData Solutions Australia Complete Power On
Installation at Australia's CitiPower
~ Trimble Geomatics Office for Simple, Intuitive and Efficient Data
Processing
~ Software Links GPS Users Globally

Geo Industry News for Thursday, October 7:
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/07/index.html
~ Over 100 Customers Deploy Windows 2000 on Production Systems
~ New Bentley Integrators To Support Project Engineering
~ Census Bureau Releases 1998 Population Estimates for Puerto Rico's
Municipios
~ Census Bureau Updates Data on School Enrollment
~ Intergraph Announces SmartPlant Explorer 3.0
~ Intergraph and ABB Utility Automation Announce SmartPlant Expert
~ New Web Site To Promote USGS Geodata
~ MPN Announces Image CAT Spatial Data Management Software
~ Szumilas Appointed Director Of Business-To-Business Marketing for
Navtech
~ Trimble Announces Positive Preliminary Third Quarter Results
~ Trimble Survey Controller Software Provides Even More Versatility and
Interoperability in the Field

Geo Industry News for Friday, October 8:
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/08/index.html
~ Enghouse Systems Limited Announces $12M Agreement to Supply IBM with
Additional GeoNet Software Licenses
~ Space Imaging Unveils FIRST IMAGE from the IKONOS Satellite on October

12, 1999 in Denver
~ Encarta Online Deluxe Offers Up-to-Date Web-Based Research Resources
for Internet Users
~ Orbimage Names Timothy J. Puckorius Vice President For International
Business Development
~ SGI @ Telecom '99
~ "The Next Big Earthquake" - Still Helpful and Still Available; From
USGS

Have you authored a paper on a GIS application, published a GIS
related white paper, presented a paper at a conference, or??
We're putting together a collection of GIS related papers in an on-line
library.
Send us your paper along with author info. and copyright details or
contact us for details.
Be sure to look through our extensive selection of software and
utilities available for download at
http://software.geocomm.com You'll find data translators, viewers,
scripts and other free resources.
Get your "15 minutes of fame" by listing your favorite websites in our
bookmarks
http://www.spatialnews.com/gisbookmarks/
Be sure to look through our extensive listing of GIS College and
University Programs and on-line tutorials
http://www.geocomm.com/links/education/
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter and you'll be in our daily draw for
a geocomm T-Shirt!
http://www.geocomm.com/newsub.html
Have you visited our "Fun Center" yet?
It's the fun part of our website where you can play interactive games,
enter contests, play geo trivia and more.
http://recroom.geocomm.com

Glenn Letham, Senior Editor

http://www.GeoComm.com "The Geocommunity"
http://www.SpatialNews.com "Daily GIS Industry News"