From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:45:26 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:22:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Walter Piovesan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Immigration Statistics
Sender: Walter Piovesan <[log in to unmask]>

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:55:39 -0700
> From: Chris Kollen <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Canada immigration statistics
> Sender: Chris Kollen <[log in to unmask]>
>

> Hi everyone:
>
> A professor is looking for Canada immigration statistics year by year
> from 1980-1997 giving country of origin.  We've tried International
> Index to Statistics, Canada Year Book but nothing provides the kind of
> breakdown that he's looking for.  Anyone from Canada know of sources
> that he might be able to use?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris Kollen

the folowing has data on a five year period (census years).
http://www.statcan.ca/english/Pgdb/People/Population/demo25a.htm

the following is from the CANSIM database:
Title:
IMMIGRATION TO CANADA, BY COUNTRY OF LAST PERMANENT RESIDENCE,
QUARTERLY, NUMBER OF PERSONS
http://www.statcan.ca:80/cgi-bin/Cansim/cansim?matrix=2
This URL describes series available from the CANSIm database. to get
the data you need to subscribe to the database or one can get data
for a cost (they take VISA) at:

The paper source for this data is
SDDS 3601 EMPLOYMENT AND IMMIGRATION CANADA.
(STC/DEM-030-60409)
http://www.statcan.ca:80/cgi-bin/sdds/sdds.cgi?sdds=3601&charge=&matrix=2
See also:
http://www.statcan.ca:80/english/IPS/Data/91-002-XIB.htm