From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:21:26 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:12:25 -0400
From: HelenJane Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: RGS and Historical Maps (fwd)

Cognations to Francis Herbert and the Royal Geographical Society on the
successful completion of their scanning project of the British Ordnance
Survey, large scale topographic maps.  The availability of these valuable
maps on CD-ROMS will be a welcome addition to any Library whose patrons
conduct historical research.  The detail on the 19th Century maps at this
scale is incredible.

The University of Florida Map & Imagery Library is very interested in
purchasing the CD's.  I could not find any order information on the RGS
website.  Would someone please provide the cost, order address, date of
availability, etc. or a website with this information.
Thank you  Helen

HelenJane Armstrong, PhD
Head, Map & Imagery Library
George A. Smathers Library