From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ernest L Woodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 12:46:09 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:57:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ernest L Woodson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Map Organizing <fwd>
Sender: Ernest L Woodson <[log in to unmask]>

 hello, I guess most map collections are split
 because of format. I leave them split and housed
 in file cabinets for the folders and those flat
 in the large map cases. All of our maps are cataloged
 and in our online system (Bison) . So we get the call
 number of the material and it can be l.c. or su. docs.
   To find the map you need alot of signs. when you get
 to a map file with the call numbers, I have a stand up
 sign that indicates that other maps withthe same call
 number are found at.... the sign also shows the floor plan
 of the map collection so they can go to the other location.
    Ernie Woodson map collection  University at Buffalo

--- End Forwarded Message ---