From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:12:34 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:39:47 -0300 (ADT)
From: James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: New web site for GeoConnections in Canada and policy study
Sender: James Boxall <[log in to unmask]>

Sorry for the duplication (and pardon the rush..Pat, the paper will be
done today :-)

check :

http://www.geoconnections.org

The web site for the Canadian Geospatial Data Infrastructure program.
Included under "what's new" is the long awaited (exec summary only for
now) KPMG Study on Pricing and Policy for Geospatial Data in Canada, which
was funded under the Policy Node of GeoConnections. The study is very
interesting in that it provides some well researched and surveyed views
about the reality with regard to GI data access in Canada.

I will be forwarding a couple of other notes next week regarding other
developments in that area and with regard to the recent ACMLA meeting in
Montreal.

Cheers
james

ps...in case you haven't heard, my friend and colleague, Grace Welch from
the University of Ottawa is the new President for ACMLA....I'm still here
and look forward to supporting her (as she has always supported me).

James Boxall
Curator/Head
Map and Geospatial Information Collection
Killam Library
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada   B3H 4H8
902-494-3757 (tel)
902-494-2062 (fax)
magic.library.dal.ca

Immediate Past-President, Association of Canadian
Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA)     www.acmla.org
--- End Forwarded Message ---