From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:43:32 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:44:32 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question about Special notices regarding the conversion...
Sender: [log in to unmask]

I recently received all of the FEMA flood insurance rate maps for Nebraska.
Several dozen 8 1/2 x 11" sheets arrived with the maps that read: "This is
a special notice regarding the conversion from the emergency phase to the
regular phase, which should be attached to the map for the community cited
below."  Most (all?) of them have dates effective in the 1970s.  So I am
wondering: what have other people done with these notices?  Here's a list
of some of the options I've considered:

* Should I actually attach them to the maps?  If so, how should I attach
them to the maps?
* Can I just pitch the sheets?
* If I should keep them, can I keep them in a binder near the map cases?
Would people find them if I did that?  Should I make a note on the maps
referred to on each of the notices?

Thanks.

--Sue Ann

  .
   }
{     Sue Ann Gardner, MLS
. }   N209 Love Library, Cataloging/Maps
{     University of Nebraska-Lincoln
  }   Lincoln, NE  68588-0410
{ .   402-472-3545, 402-472-2534 (fax)
       {