From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:16:24 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:44:20 -0600
From: Ronald Whistance-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fw: 1927 Canvas Map of CA

The following was received through Roadmaps-L.  I would like to be included
in any replies to Mr. Armour as the Jo Mora maps are of great interest to
several people with whom I have contact.

I checked Lib. of Congress and UC Berkely catalogues without any success and
don't have access to WorldCat from home.

Ron

> If anyone can help, please message Mr. Armour at [log in to unmask]
>

> I came across your organization on the web, so I  thought I would give you
> a try.  What I have is not a road map per se  (although the major highways
> of CA are shown on it).  But I am at a  loss as to what it is, so I
thought
> someone in your organization might have  broader knowledge into other
kinds
> of tourist maps.     What I have is a 1927 Wall Map (canvas with wooden
> rods at the top and bottom) in  color of the State of California showing
> state landmarks and attractions in  pictorally cartoons.  There are also
> Calfornia historical events and places  in cartoon pictures in the margins
> around the state boundaries.      It is by Jo Mora and titled a "Carte of
> Whimsical  and Historical Intention", and published by A. M Robertson  San
> Francisco.   Do you know anyone who might have seen one  of these before,
> and can give me some information on it?   Thanx!!    Keith Armour
Woodstock