AGED-2001-2008-L Archives

Ag Ed 2001 - 2008 Discussion Group

AGED-2001-2008-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Libby Lintel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Libby Lintel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:48:02 -0400
Weekly update on America’s Heartland series.

If you visit the websites listed below, you can videostream the episodes
in your classroom – no $$$/fees involved.

I have worksheets that I have made for all episodes in this series:
101-120, 201-220, 301-322, 401-406.  Please email and I will be happy to
send you a worksheet as an attachment.
* NOTE - The worksheets are using the font: ZapfHumnst BF and are best
viewed using this font.

Season 4 – Episode 406
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_406/index.htm

*18 year old farmer in Wesport Connecticut – just getting started
*Associated Milk Producers Inc. butter production plant in Minnesota
*Portrait photographer Paul Mobley captures images of farmers and
ranchers
*Stuckmeyer’s – Farmer’s market and greenhouse operation in Missouri

Season 4 – Episode 405
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_405/index.htm

*Young Arizona ranchers diversifying into agritourism, timber, etc. to
keep their ranch
*Dairy co-op in Rhode Island helps put farmers back in the black
*Diversified farm in Missouri profits from agritourism, innkeeping, and
educating about the rural life
*Schell Brewery in MN – manufacture of beer and rootbeer

Season 4 - Episode 404
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_404/index.htm

*Wind turbine "farm" in Texas
*Rice production
*Metrolina automated greenhouse (floriculture) in NC
*Harness racing horses in solar stables

Season 4 - Episode 403
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_403/index.htm

*Large Animal/Food Supply Veterinarian - shortage
*Shearing Sheep in new Mexico
*Equine veterinary research at UC Davis
*Tupelo honey in Florida

Season 4 - Episode 402
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_402/index.htm

*Poultry farm that processes poultry waste as its main source of fuel
*Uses for soybeans - foams
*Walnut farm in CA that generates energy from walnut waste
*Cheese "factory" in California

Season 4 - Episode 401
http://www.americasheartland.org/episodes/episode_401/index.htm

*Growing Cotton in Texas