ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Mark Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:14:53 -0400
ICE is Ideas for Creative Exploration
<http://ice.uga.edu>
---
1. ICE Project Grant Proposals are due today, September 22 at 12:00 PM. Proposals should be
delivered to the Visual Arts Building.

2. Wednesday September 24: ICE Member Kit Hughes presents Tagging <http://www.
tagging.us> a WAGZone art project sponsored by CURO and ICE that pushes the limits of
conventional WiFi interactivity  by integrating photographs, Macromedia Flash®,  and a
database as a tool for virtual graffiti. 12:20 PM, New Media Institute Conference Room. For
more information visit: <http://www.nmi.uga.edu>

3. JURO opportunity: The mission of JURO @GA is to promote research as a part of the
undergraduate experience by providing undergraduate with opportunities to publish their
work. <http://www.uga.edu/honors/curo/juro>
 The undergraduate editors, Jeremy Johnson, Managing Editor, Allison Mitchell, Humanities
Editor, and Katie Hofstadter, Arts Editor will join me in the search  for copy editors, html
editors, and arts editors beginning immediately. We are most interested in first, second, and
third year students who share a passion for publishing and a commitment to promoting
scholarly achievements of their peers. A minimum 3.4 grade point average with 14 UGA hours
is required. The ability to make a long term commitment is preferred.

Applications must received by Friday, October 5 at 5:00 p.m. and should include:
1) letter of interest
2) sample of your original work
3) letters of support from two faculty, familiar with your work

Please address applications to::

JURO Editors
c/o
Dr. Pamela B. Kleiber