ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
carmon colangelo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Inst. for Creative Exploration
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 05:21:24 -0500
Dear ICE Colleagues, I hope you are having an enjoyable summer. This
memo is just to give you an update on ICE and to also ask for your
immediate response to provide a simple 150 word bio shetch as an ICE
member for the web site. To be included in the people section, I ask
that you write a succint 150 word sketch of your professional activity,
ie: "Susan Brown, is an Associate Professor of Art and chair of the
sculpture department at UGA. Her work in sculpture has exhibited in
such venues as the Carnegie International and Sculpture Chicago.  She
is active in a number of national organizations including the College
Art Assocaition and the International Sculpture Center..."

If you are receiving this e-mail, you are welcome to be included in
this section but I ask that you e-mail a bio to me by August 15, 2001.
Please place it in the body of your e-mail not as an attachment.

The ICE web site is nearing a launching point after intensive
development by an eight member group formed this summer. The group
members are Flint Buchanan, Mark Callahan, Kathryn Hammond, Brian
Henry, Carl Martin, Tara Rebelet, Lee Smith, and Damien Schaefer,
principal web designer. The development of the site realizes the goal
of moving ICE into the real world through collaborative practice. A
unique navigational structure houses information about ICE and the ICE
Summit, and a group of web-based projects developed speciŽcally for the
site. The initial projects produced by the group are informed by
collaboration in both structure and content, featuring animation,
interactive text, and  virtual zones. Several of the projects call for
participation, anticipating the continual reŽnement and reinvention of
the site as an ICE culture emerges. The development of the site is
providing a hands-on exploration of different methodological approaches
as well as identifying key issues for the future of ICE.

You will recall at the ICE retreat the goal set was to launch the site
this fall 2001. Thanks to Mark Callahan who has led this project and
the Collab team above, we plan to meet this goal with debuting their
web-based collaborations on the site as well as Damien's unique
navigational design.

Additionally, I am pleased to let you know we have received the same
level of funding as last year for ICE from the Offices of the Provost
and the Franlklin College of Arts and Sciences. As we plan for 2001-02,
I would like you to plan on coming to the next ICE meeting that will be
held in late August after we begin the fall semester. On the agenda
will be completing the ICE proposal, leadership of ICE, 2001-02
projects, collaborative courses and the web site launch.

Also, as I update the ICE listserve, please let me know if there are
faculty or students you feel want to be included as ICE members.

Once again, I hope you are enjoying the summer and I look forward to
seeing you this fall. Please feel free to e-mail me know if you have
any questions. Cheers Carmon

Carmon Colangelo, Director
Lamar Dodd School of Art
University of Georgia