ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Mark Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:29:32 -0400
ICE Announcements 8.6.04
ICE is Ideas for Creative Exploration
<http://ice.uga.edu>
---
1. Max/MSP workshop
2. E.L.I. on the web
--
1. Max/MSP Workshop -Interactive digital audio for composition, performance & installation
Wednesday and Thursday, August 11 & 12, 5pm to 9pm at ICE

The workshop will provide an introduction to Max/MSP,  and cover a selection of techniques and
methods for programming in Max/MSP. The focus will be on handling audio, managing data, and
designing for interactivity. We will also examine the new internet protocol for interactivity, called
"Open Sound Control."  No previous training required.

Cost: $90
Instructor: Éric Marty

Instructions for participants:

REGISTER
To register, simply email <[log in to unmask]>
or call 706-296-9664.
Leave your name and indicate that
you will attend the workshop on August 11 & 12.

GET THERE
ICE (Ideas for Creative Exploration) is located on the Campus of UGA, in the Tanner Building, on
Fulton Street between Jackson and Spring
(two blocks south of Broad Street in downtown Athens.)  Parking on campus is free after 5pm

WHAT YOU NEED
1. A check for $90 made out to the instructor (Eric Marty)
2. Some food and/or coffee for yourself.  (We will take a break long enough to get coffee or a
sandwich downtown.)

WHAT YOU MIGHT WANT
1. Some paper
2. A laptop
3. A copy of the software (Max/MSP)

Max/MSP can be downloaded from Cycling'74 (www.cycling74.com).
You can download "Max," "Max/MSP," or "MAX/MSP with Jitter." We will use "Max/MSP" for the
workshop.
You can run the software for free on your computer for 30 days. After 30 days, the software will
stop working unless you purchase it. Cycling '74 has an educational discount for students and
educators.

STREAM (The Studio for Research in Art and Music)
Founded by composer Eric Marty, STREAM is dedicated to innovation in art and music. STREAM
brings innovative arts to the public through performances, exhibitions and workshops.

web: <http://www.streamarts.org>
email: <[log in to unmask]>
---
2. E.L.I. has returned from a successful tour of the "Heartland". Check out these recent links:
<http://robothaven.net/article.pl?sid=04/07/29/2312226&mode=thread>
<http://www.wordsinhere.com/linkcomment.html>
<http://www.rhizome.com/object.rhiz?25804>