ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
David Koffman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Inst. for Creative Exploration
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:45:10 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Below is the outcome from the first planning meeting - The Vision
Statement! But which is the winner and which is runner up? We would love
your input. I'm very partial to the second as it does emphasize critical
discourse. At our next meeting we will be filling in the subheadings from
the vision statement. Any input on these areas will be greatly
appreciated. And special thanks to Julie Checkoway in Creative Writing for
formulating this during our meeting!

All for now...

David Koffman, Plancommchair

From Julie Checkoway:

Here's the vision statement we hammered out on Friday.  Please feel free to
ax it, fix it, shift it, re-focus it as you see fit.  I've suggested one
other possible statement  and subheading that incorporate technology and
critical discourse a little differently.

1.  The Institute for Advanced  Creative Exploration promotes and facilitates
interdisciplinary, collaborative, and innovative projects that cut across
traditional boundaries in the arts.

Subheadings:

A.  Interdisciplinary
B.  Collaborative
C.  Innovative
        1.  Technology
        2.  Expanding the critical discourse

Or, for what it's worth

2.  The Institute for Advanced Creative Exploration facilitates innovative,
interdisciplinary projects that cut across traditional boundaries in the
arts.  It explores the creative potential of technology, promotes critical
discourse about its use, and creates the conditions for "collaborative
studio" work.

Subheadings:
A.  Innovation
B.  Interdisciplinary Work
C.  The Creative Potential of Technology
D.  Promoting Critical Discourse
E.  Creating the "Collaborative Studio"

Now go to it and hack away. My pleasure,
Julie