ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Mark Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:38:40 -0400
2021 a2ru National Conference
Sharing Stories: The Case for Art
November 3 - 5
Online
https://a2ru.org/event/2021-a2ru-national-conference-sharing-stories-the-case-for-art/

*As an a2ru member institution, UGA will cover registration costs for a limited number of a2ru conference participants. If you are interested in attending please contact [log in to unmask] before registering.*

The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities (a2ru) advances the full range of arts-integrative research, curricula, programs, and creative practice to acknowledge, articulate, and expand the vital role of higher education in our global society.

About the Conference

Over the last twelve months, we have seen a range of sources acknowledge the powerful importance of the arts, particularly in the Covid era. As arts practitioners and leaders, we embrace our role in this unprecedented moment, even as we continue to rethink our disciplines, how our methods have changed during this time, and what the future of the arts might look like.

a2ru will use this year’s online conference to meet this unique moment in a uniquely artful way. We will engage and explore how we can best deploy what we hope has not changed -- our passion for the arts, for arts education, and for arts integration -- through storytelling, rather than traditional conference presentations.

Early Bird Pricing (until September 21)

Member Unlimited $125
Member Graduate & Post-doctoral Student Unlimited $100
Member Undergraduate Student $75
Non-Member Unlimited $150
Non-Member Graduate and Post-doctoral Student Unlimited $125
Non-Member Undergraduate Student $100

Pre-Conference Workshop
Tuesday, November 2

Part I: Foundations of Equity

Justice in arts research, practice, and pedagogy must start with close examination of the foundations upon which arts institutions have been built. In part one of a two-part workshop series, we’ll discuss reimagining arts spaces from the ground up; the contingency of justice-oriented practice; and building foundations for liberation in art making, arts research, and arts pedagogy.

Part II: Dismantling Critique

In part two of the two-part workshop, we interrogate how white supremacy and colonialism have shaped our systems for feedback and assessment, and build and share new strategies and tools for feedback and critique that are rooted in accountability, transparency, reciprocity, and justice.
---

Ideas for Creative Exploration is an interdisciplinary initiative for advanced research in the arts at UGA, supported in part by the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School, and the Willson Center for Humanities and Arts.

ice.uga.edu
facebook.com/ideasforcreativeexploration

For more events and opportunities visit:

a2ru.org
art.uga.edu
arts.uga.edu
athica.org