ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
carmon colangelo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Inst. for Creative Exploration
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:28:48 -0500
Dear Ice Colleagues, I am forwarding Lanny's note to the entire ICE
list to also urge you to help us. As you know we have made a
significant commitment to designing the ICE web site and we
really need material from all areas of art, creative writing, drama,
dance and music to do it well. It is important that we have material
from all areas that refects the scope and diversity of our
activities in the arts. I know there is a lot to share and I know
everyone's busy but if we could get samples from each area it will be a
much better site. If you will, please send your materials to include
digital files of still images, video or sound. If you only have
traditional tape versions of materials they will do. Still images
non-digitized can be used in lieu of the digital files but anything
digital will save time and money."

Please email Lanny and let him know what you can supply. If you are not
going to be able to help out on this, please email him so
he will know. If you have any questions about what might be useful call
Damien at 678-522-7200 or email him questions at [log in to unmask]

Thanks. Also remember there are two more CORE Dance performances
"Waterways;" tonight Friday and Saturday night ( April 30-31) at 8PM.
As you will recall this was partially supported by ICE, so please come
out and support Bala et al.

Thanks again. Carmon

Hey everybody,
I sent out a request toward the end of February asking for material
Damien could use on the ICE web site. Only a couple of good souls
supplied him  with material. He REALLY needs something to work with and
we have completely run out of time. If this is going to work everybody
needs to put something in the pot.
Here again is the note:

"More importantly, in the interim Damien needs a collection of audio and
visual examples he can pick and choose from to begin setting up the
overall look of the site. He needs these yesterday!  Going in, let me
emphasize he may or may not use all of what we provide and he may also
clip or alter the examples using them more as pieces of an overall
composition rather than just creating a site that serves merely as a
portfolio so to speak.  He would like sketches and preliminary works as
well, clips, snippets and partials. This collection of examples will
also work as a spring board for coming up with a visual which represents
collaboration and creative diversity. Be inventive in your selection.

Please put together as many examples as outstanding quality will allow
and assemble them as quickly as possible. He would like to begin
immediately. Examples can be digital files as still images, video or
sound. If you only have traditional tape versions of materials they will
do. Still images un digitized can be used in lieu of the digital files
but anything digital will save time and money."

OK, Please email me and let me know what you can supply. If you are not
going to be able to help out on this, please email me to that effect so
I will at least know you got the message. If you have any questions
about what might be useful call Damien at 678-522-7200 or email him
questions at [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance
lanny
--- End Forwarded Message ---