ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Mark Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 16:42:18 -0400
ICE Announcements
ICE is Ideas for Creative Exploration
<http://ice.uga.edu>
---
1. Amazing Students
2. ATHICA call for proposals: 2005 exhibition season
3. ASCI call for proposals: Digital 2004
4. ICE Forum site expansion
---
1. Kit Hughes is profiled on the UGA home page this week in the new "Amazing Students" series.
Kit, a B.F.A. candidate in Digital Media, has been involved in numerous ICE projects.
Congratulations!
---
2. ATHICA 2005 Season call for proposals- Deadline: July 5, 2004; Athens Institute for
Contemporary Art invites proposals from curators, collectives & artists with challenging,
progressive or innovative projects; can accommodate large-scale sculpture and/or installation;
read Mission Statement and see past exhibits pages on http://www.athica.org for specific criteria;
e-mail short proposal with low-resolution jpgs or urls to [log in to unmask] with the words'2005
Proposal' in the subject line or mail with SASE to: ATHICA: Athens Institute for Contemporary Art
Inc., PO Box 1604, Athens, GA 30603-1604.
---
3. CALL FOR WORK: Digital2004, ASCI's sixth International Digital Print Competition and Exhibition
to be held in the Technology Gallery at the New York Hall of Science, will be juried this year by
New Museum curator, Anne Barlow. Deadline: June 1, 2004.

 The inspiration for this year's international digital print exhibition emanates directly from the
history of the venue itself.  The New York Hall of Science was built as one of the pavilions of the
1964-1965 New York World's Fair, and was one of the most ambitious in the USA till that time.
There is, of course, a long tradition of civilized cultures celebrating their current scientific and
technological innovations through futuristic displays at international expositions, today often
called World Expos.

 For Digital2004, we invite artists and scientists from around the world who produce digital prints,
to presage "tomorrow" by showing us their visionary images of what they believe science and
technology will produce for our futures.  What will our products and world look like, on and off
this planet, or perhaps beneath its oceans?  At a time when digital technology and the information
super-highway have impacted the artworld perhaps more drastically than most other professions,
we anticipate that this unique mirror of society's values and aspirations for science and technology
may prove surprising!

Deadline:  Entries must be received by June 1, 2004
For more information visit: http://www.asci.org
---
4. The ICE Forum web site <http://ice.uga.edu/forum> continues to grow -- featuring over 50
current calls for proposals, exhibition and performance submissions, net.art, papers, and
participation in symposia, workshops, and residencies. There are new sections with links to
funding sources for projects, national and international programs that support research in the
arts, and local resources. And it is all searchable!