ARTS-COLLAB Archives

UGA Arts Collaborative

ARTS-COLLAB@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Inst. for Creative Exploration
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:32:03 -0400
I would like to encourage you and your students to attend Gu Xiong's lecture
Tuesday October 8 at 5:30 at the Georgia Museum of Art.

Gu Xiong is  Professor of Drawing. Painting and interdisciplinary studies at
the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. As a multi-media artist
working in drawing, painting, video, photography, printmaking and
installation, Gu is among the most important Chinese contemporary artists
working in North America. Originally from Chongquing, Sichuan,
 his  participation in the China/Avant Garde show in Beijing and the
Tianamen  Square demonstration profoundly changed the direction of his life
and  his work. He is a poetic and satirical artist who cuts across cultural
boundaries and mediums. I hope you will join us and announce his lecture to
your classes.

Thanks. Carmon

Carmon Colangelo, Director
Lamar Dodd School of Art