CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Doug Chalker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:33:38 -0400
Dear Ciliate community,
Greetings from the Ciliate Molecular Biology Conference. You may want to read the interview with Sujal Phadke on maintaining work-life balance as an early career researcher.
http://genestogenomes.org/sujal-phadke-on-finding-work-life-balance-in-non-profit-research/

Here former PhD advisor, Becky Zufall, was one of three researchers on a discussion panel at the conference
a quote from the article.

"Becky Zufall, showed me what a good mentor should be. She supported my interests by allowing me to be independent and have the freedom to determine where to take my research."

Good mentoring has always been strongly represented in our community.
Warm wished from American University, Washington D.C.
Doug