CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jan Janouskovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2022 06:39:00 -0400
Dear ciliate community,

We are hiring a postdoctoral researcher in Tetrahymena genetics at the Institute of Microbiology, Czech Republic (Centre Algatech in Trebon). Our group is studying the metabolism in mitochondria and chloroplasts in a variety of protistan models: https://www.alga.cz/en/c-874-jan-janouskovec-s-group.html. The postdoctoral researcher will focus on understanding mitochondrial phospholipid synthesis in Tetrahymena thermophila by using subcellular protein localization, genetic knockout, subcellular fractionation, stable isotope labelling, and other methods. We are looking for someone with previous experience in Tetrahymena genetics, an outgoing personality and passion for cell biology.

We study cell biology, evolution and ecology of protists and algae (e.g., Janouskovec et al., 2017, PNAS 114(2); Janouskovec et al., 2017 Curr Biol 27(23); Janouskovec et al., 2019, eLife 8, e49662). Our Centre is located in a picturesque location in the middle of a UNESCO Biospheric Reserve and hosts several internationally-known microbiology groups. The Centre has a warm, collegial atmosphere, a high proportion of international researchers, and English as the work language. We have outstanding facilities for biological research and strong ties with universities abroad: the position may include work at the University of Southampton and University of Cambridge in the UK. The position is for three years.

The applications will be review on a rolling basis and the position remains open until filled. To receive more information or apply (include a short CV with two referee contacts) please contact Jan at [log in to unmask]

Jan Janouskovec
Group Leader, Institute of Microbiology, Czechia
& Lecturer, University of Southampton, UK