CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ronald Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:00:22 -0400
Doug: Apologies for not getting this sent earlier.

I don't know if you have already had the program honoring Denis Lynn that
was mentioned earlier. Whether or not that has occurred, I thought that
you and the community would like to be aware that the Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Canada's national public broadcaster, had
a segment about Denis last week on its flagship public affairs program As
it Happens. See
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/ubc-professor-killed-by-rogue-wave-remembered-as-a-wonderful-person-1.4731053.
for a transcript of the session that contains a link to a 6 1/2' interview
about Denis with a former trainee.

Unusual that science is profiled on this program, let alone an individual.
Indicates what Denis meant to the community. Ciliates are prominently
mentioned in the piece.

I hope that all attending are enjoying the conference in Washingtom. My
regrets that I was not able to join you and best wishes to all.

       Ron

Dr. Ronald E. Pearlman           [log in to unmask]
Associate Scientific Director
Co-ordinator, Student Outreach Programs
The Gairdner Foundation
Past President and Advisor
Royal Canadian Institute (RCI) for the Advancement of Science
University Professor Emeritus and Senior Scholar
Dept. of Biology
Director, Core Molecular Biology Facility
York University
4700 Keele St., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Phone:416-736-5241; FAX:416-736-5698