Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2022 13:30:28 -0400
See http://jaxshells.org/trava.htm

Marlo

-----Original Message-----
From: Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of steve rosenthal
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Busycon contrarium

currently , as per Sanibel Shell Museum's shell guide:

Sinistrofulgur sinistrum
(Hollister, 1958)
Lightning Whelk

read the comments there about possible relationship to other left handed whelk species, the classification and names of 'species' in this group  has changed many times recently depending on which author (with which opinion) has published most recently.