From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:23:34 -0500
Agreed, and it is not just anecdotal records or word-of-mouth (as in
here on Conch-L)

those of us who spend time on iNaturalist either posting or browsing
"observations" , or as identifiers of the taxa in said observations,
can attest to the apparently increasing frequency. There was one
stretch of a week or two some months ago, when every day brought to light
several new or older databased observations of Bractechlamys vexillum
(an Indo-Pacific species) turning up all along the east coast of the
USA.

Yes it is annoying and perhaps some of the curators or professional
researchers can comment on whether the resulting  'noise' poses any
potential hazards to capturing clean data on diversity or
biogeographical species distributions.