From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2023 16:58:34 -0500
regarding the associated query,  I think this species may only occur
in  water with some amount of salt and tidal influence, at least
that's the case of the Hudson River population I know around here.
The saline component  wouldn't be present in the Great Lakes. So that
may explain why it doesn't appear to have been reported thusfar from
the Great Lakes (?)