From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2022 18:53:21 -0500
I am posting the below on behalf of Adrienne

Alan was a fantastic professor of Invertebrate Zoology at the “U Dub” (UW). I consider myself privileged to have been mentored by him during my undergraduate years in the early 1980’s and was so pleased to meet him again at the AMC meeting in Ithaca, 2008! Indeed, he inspired many and yes indeed, the cultured pearls of his mentorship live on!

Is anyone considering a commemorative edition of scientific contributions in a journal dedicated to him? If so, please kindly keep me posted.

Adrienne

Adrienne Jochum, PhD
Research Scientist, Malacology

Naturhistorisches Museum der Burgergemeinde Bern
Bernastr. 15
CH-3005 Bern, Switzerland

Institute of Ecology and Evolution
University of Bern