From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:53:45 -0500
Thanks to all who responded here or directly to my email.

There are indeed no figures in Hanley's work, there are lines such as
this, eg, for Antigona lacerata:

"Index Test. Sup. t.16 f. 23"

these must be references to Wood's 1828 Supplement to his 1825 Index
testaceologicus

so now if anybody can point me to the figures of Veneridae
(specifically figures 19-28)  from the 1828 Supplement, that should do
the trick.

(I'm nowhere near the taxonomist many of you are, but I'm curious
about the content of the original works  have if  Hanley wound up as
author for shells   figured   years earlier).