From:
"Geiger, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2020 15:26:25 +0000
As a suggestion.

Yes always have a backup. Or two.  I make new, dated copies of important files about monthly when I’m working on them.

Add a dummy column with values 1 through whatever your maximum is.   Then always be sure to sort ALL columns. This way at least you can resort by the Dummy variable.

You can sort a subset of lines…. But. Be careful because you won’t be able to select by column name, only the values on the first line.

If you don’t realize you have sorted a subset of your columns before you save ,  your data can indeed be ruined.

One alternative is to have copies on tabs.   Again, organization is key.

The major caveat is,,, you need to keep track of how many copies you have. Lest you edit a copy that is not most current.

Re: linking photos, rather than inserting.  It works, if you’re organized, but rapidly slows the program once you get a lot of links.  If you change file names and/or directory structure this can also cause issues.

-	Steve

-	Ps – FWIW you’re not the only one.