Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2020 17:59:11 -0400
See for comments comparing the two: https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-template-170
Review each species too.

Marlo

-----Original Message-----
From: Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of David Kirsh
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 6:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CONCH-L] zebras vs deer

Dear listers,

A longtime question for me: are there reliable distinguishing features between Macrocypraea cervus and zebra besides the dotted spots on the dorsum (and size)?

I’ve only managed to collect dead specimens with some weathering on their backs, possibly obscuring those dotted spots.

One is 59mm, probably zebra from Brazil.

Another is 91mm from Bahamas. A third is 93mm from Mona Island, Puerto Rico.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC

Sent from my iPhone

[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list, click on the following web link:
Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the list.