DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Wendy Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 10:56:14 +0800
Dear Listers

I have just started using DSSAT (v4).  I am attempting to model soybean
production in Cambodia.  I am having problems choosing a cultivar to use
in the model.  In trials currently being completed in Cambodia a variety
called DT84 is being used. Unfortunately I am having difficulty finding
genetic coefficients for this variety.  I was thinking of using a
cultivar which is already in version 4, which may be a variety suitable
for Cambodian conditions, but am having difficulty deciding if any are
appropriate.  I was also reading papers that describe the use of Gencalc
and thought this may be an option but this does not seem to be available
in version 4.

The information I have on variety DT84 is 1) it is not very photoperiod
sensitive and is an early duration variety. 2)  In trials the days to
1st flowering is between 32-35 days, 1st podding 41 days and growth
duration 80-86 days.

My questions are

1.  Can anyone suggest a cultivar currently in V4 to use that would be
appropriate, or how I might choose one to use?

2.  Can anyone suggest how I might best determine genetic coefficients
for this variety?

I welcome any advice you may have.

Thanks in advance

Wendy