DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Markus Herndl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:36:58 -0500
Dear list members,

My name is Markus. I work at the Institute of crop farming and grassland
research – University of Hohenheim (Germany). My research work is to
explore opportunities and possibilities for designing high yielding
ideotypes of maize and wheat by the use of crop growth models and
underlying genetic information. For this approach it will require a
significant amount of biotechnological information (specific information
for genes and physiological traits).
Is anyone interested in a Gene-Based-Approach to Crop Simulation for wheat
or for maize, has the experience in biotechnology (putting genes in genetic
coefficients) and is willing to set up collaboration with me?

Regards,

Markus

Institute of crop farming and grassland research (340)
University of Hohenheim
Fruwirthstr. 23
70599 Stuttgart, Germany

Tel: 0049 711/ 459 4388