DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Roger E. Rivero" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:45:39 -0500
Dear Munang:

Your request as such is practically unanswerable because it is too general. Such parameters as LAI varies from practically zero at sowing to 5-7 at the end of vegetative period, etc. I will suggest you to find and read the FAO 33 Report by Doorenbos and Kassam. There is a lot of information there about general characteristics of most crops including harvest indexes, management practices and such. But not so specific as to use any current model.

We need to know what specific crop model you have so to be able to help you more. If you have DSSAT 3.5 then practically all so-called genetic coefficients are already available there in the software package except that some crops as yams or Guinea Corn might have no model at all.

Anyway I will extend on Amiri Amiri reply. I can even send you the complete WOFOST 4.1 model with crop parameters file and everything including an explanation of the CROP41.DAT file and more. Or plant parameters from CropSyst and other biophysical models. But you have to be aware that crop parameters used in one specific model might be of no use for other model. Please, don't ask me why.

Please tell us what model are you using or going to use.

Roger E. Rivero Vega