DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Anapalli, Saseendran" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anapalli, Saseendran
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:23:32 -0700
Mathias,
Thanks for your kind response. You just spilled the beans! When you
doubt that the soil water is correct why do you want to move further
until it is fixed. This explains my worries!
Also, I did not see in any DSSAT manual  that one need switch off some
modules for calibration! (It was many years back I read those books, if
I am wrong you can correct me). If I am correct switch on all the
modules, get the soil water correct first, then move on to nitrogen, and
finally to the crop.
Also, you need to use the DSSAT v4. instead of v3.5. Certainly there is
something better in the newer versions than the old ones always. I am
not sure, if you can download newer versions free when you have the old
version. Please check with the vendors!
Sasi

Saseendran S Anapalli,  Ph. D.
Agricultural Systems Research Unit