DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Micheal Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:38:36 +0200
Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your prompt response. I'm using DSSAT ver 3.5.  In South
Africa we have 3 main areas where wheat are cultivated.

1) Being Cape or South Africa during the winter (Planting starts in
May). IE Winter Wheat
2) Then we have Eastern Freestate (where planting is a little bit later
July/Aug) IE: Spring Wheat
3) We also have the Norther Freestate area and Natal. Spring Wheat.

Should u have parameters for Limpopo it would be great:

Other cultivar are Eland,Beta,Caledon,Carnia,PAN,SST etc

a) P1V = Days at optimum vernalizing temperature required to complete
vernalization.
b) P1D = Percentage reduction in development rate in a photoperiod 10
hour shorter than the optimum relative to that at the optimum
c) P5 = Grain filling (excluding lag) period duration (oC.d)
d) G1 = Kernel number per unit canopy weight at anthesis (1/g).
e) G2 = Standard kernel size under optimum conditions (mg). Related to
kernel filling rate (G2,mg/d), which used internally, as follows:
f) G2 = G2WT/P5 * 20.0, where 20.0=deg.d in a standard day
g) G3 = Standard, non-stressed dry weight (total,including grain) of a
single tiller at maturity (g).
h) PHINT Phylochron interval; = the interval in thermal time (degree
days) between successive leaf tip appearances.

Many thanks.

Hope to hear from u soon