DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Anlauf, Ruediger" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:59:19 +0100
Dear all,

I am trying to run a sequence analysis for a crop rotation of barley, wheat, and maize to calculate nitrate leaching.

I can get the sequence analysis running for crops like maize, soybean, cabbage and others I am not interested in; not, however, for any barley or wheat cultivar.

- If barley or wheat are in first place in the rotation, it works for that year but the respective barley/wheat crops in the following years have no yield, i.e. the plant model is not running?
- If barley or wheat are not in first place in the rotation, the program runs until barley or wheat and stops with the following error message

RUN    TRT FLO MAT TOPWT SEEDW  RAIN  TIRR   CET  PESW  TNUP  TNLF   TSON TSOC
           dap dap kg/ha kg/ha    mm    mm    mm    mm kg/ha kg/ha  kg/ha t/ha
  1 MZ   1  68 126 14272  8340   722     0   598     7   164    15   5740   57
  2 FA   1 -99 -99     0     0  1020     0   386   152     0    54   5709   57
  Problem reading the X-file
  Cultivar number not found!
  Maybe an error in the the X-file headings
  (eg.@-line dots connected to next header)
  Program will have to stop

- The planting and harvesting dates are OK, no gaps, no overlapping
- The fallow periods stop with a harvesting date

It might be something rather simple which I don't see as being new to DSSAT?

Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Regards

Ruediger Anlauf
Univ. Appl. Sci., Osnabrueck, Germany