DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ken Boote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:30:07 -0500
Yiannis,

I'm sorry but there are no perennial legumes models (for alfalfa or
trefoil or clover) among the DSSAT V4 suite of models.  We will have a
perennial C-4 grass model in the next release, so we are thinking about
perennial forages, but it may be years before we get to perennial
temperature legumes.

You may want to check with Gary Fick, Cornell Univ., who developed a
model for alfalfa.  I think that model may still be available.  In
addition, Denison and Loomis, Univ of California-Davis, about 20 years
back, had developed a quite mechanistic model for alfalfa.  Maybe too
detailed for what you want.  I don't know if that model is available any
more.

Ken Boote