DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jans Bobert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:49:56 +0100
Dear Luo Yi,

question 1: As far as I know,  DSSAT uses the 'Civil Twilight' for
calculation of daylength.
question 2: It´s just a matter of definition. Under
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/RST_defs.html#top you´ll find definitions
of astronomical, nautical and civil twilight.

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Jans

At 04:09 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:
>Dear researchers,
>
>In the subroutine
>       CALL CSCER040 (FILEIOCS, RUN, TN, RN, RNMODE,      !Command line
>     & ISWWAT, ISWNIT, IDETO, IDETG, IDETL, FROP,             !Controls
>     & SN, ON, RUNI, REP, YEAR, DOY, STEP, CN,                  !Run+loop
>     & SRAD, TMAX, TMIN, CO2, RAIN,
>!Weather
>     & *TWILEN*, WINDSP, SOILTEMP, EO,
>!Weather
>     & NLAYR, DLAYR, DEPMAX, LL, DUL, SAT, BD, SHF,        !Soil states
>     & SNOW, SW, NO3, NH4,                                     !H2o,N states
>     & YEARPLT,
>!Pl.date
>     & EOP, TRWUP,
>!Resources
>     & LAI, KCAN, KEP,                                              !States
>     & RLV, NFP, PORMIN, RWUMX, CANHT,              !States
>     & UNO3, UNH4, UH2O,                                         !Uptake
>     & SENC, SENN, SENLIG,                                     !Senescence
>     & CRESC, CRESN, CRESLIG,                              !Residue
>     & STGDOY,
>!Stage dates
>     & DYNAMIC)
>!Control
>
>The variable TWILEN corresponds to the internal variable DAYLT. DAYLT means
>daylength. The daylength is calculated by subroutine DAYLEN() in the
>weathr.for file. TWILEN is calculated by the subroutine  TWILIGHT() that is
>also in the weathr.for file.
>
>Questions:
>1. does the CSCER040 need to use the TWILEN here as the day length?
>2. what are the difference between day length and twilength?
>
>Cheers,
>

>--
>Dr. Luo Yi, Professor
>Ecohydrological Model Development and Integrated Watershed Management
>
>Institute of Geographic Science and Natural Resources Research(IGSNRR)
>Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
>
>Datun Road, Anwai, Chaoyang District, 100101, Beijing, China
>[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>+86-10-64888920 (Tel.)  +86-10-64888920 (Fax)

Jans Bobert
Stavangerstrasse 23
10439 Berlin
Germany