DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Bahram Andarzian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:33:10 -0700
Dear.Prof.Asadi

Salam

I am Ph.D student in agronomy in Ahwaz University and working on crop models particularly CERES-wheat (DSSAT collection).I would be obligate if you kindly give me some your information and help me on other aspects of modelling.please, let me know about your profession and your research works.

Best

Bahram Andazian

"Dr. mohammad asadi" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Dear Juan Pablo Monzon,

Hello.You may use data and information from one field
to calibrate the model and try to validate it at the
second field. The best option is to use the most
accurate data for calibration. Actually for a
precision calibration u have to make sure that your
basic data u are using are the most reliable u have.
The model should be calibrated with the detailed and
most reliable, (for validation one should use but
much less detailed data) if possible with multi-season
and multi-location (varying in latitude) data. U can
use one year data or one set data (several fields) to
calibrate model and u could validate at a second site
with different agroclimate circumstance. It,s give u
to account for different weather, soil,and management
options. of course, the data that u used in
calibration should not be used for validation or
should not be held back for use in validation.

Hope it will help.

Sincerely,

M. E. Asadi

Tel: 0098-171-3354868 (office)
Mobile phone: 0098-0911-175-2719
Fax: 0098-171-3359813
Mailing Address:

Mr. Asadi, Mail Box 49175-639, Gorgan, Iran