DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ángel Utset Suastegui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ángel Utset Suastegui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:13:03 +0200
You could perhaps try some agrohydrological model instead.
For instance, the Dutch SWAP model can account on such drainage-effect issues, as well as the capillary rising supplies. The model uses the Feddes function to simulate such effects.
We have made some SWAP simulations of water-excess and capillary rising effects on maize actual ET. The reference is:
Utset, A., Martínez-Cob, A., Farré, I., Cavero, J. 2006. Simulating the effects of extreme dry and wet years on the water use of flooding-irrigated maize in a Mediterranean landplane. Agric. Water Manag. 85:77-84.
However, this approach needs to be improved, in order to include such effects on the final yields.
Besides, I think DSSAT modeller are working on this as well.

Regards,

Angel Utset
ITACyL
47071-VALLADOLID
Telf. +34 983 317396 Fax.+34 983 414 780