DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Albert Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 17:31:46 -0500
Here are two papers that address the non-linear versus linear approaches
to plant development in maize. Although these papers are not in main
stream journals, I believe these results are valid and have wide
applicability.  These papers are in English and available from the senior
author.
        Albert

Comparing two versions of a non-linear model for simulating leaf number
and
developmental stages in maize based on air temperature
Ciência Rural, Santa Maria, Online
Nereu Augusto Streck,  Luana Fernandes Gabrie, I Flavia Kaufmann
Samboranha,
Isabel Lago,  Ana Paula Schwantes,  Alfredo Schons

Simulating maize phenology as a function of air temperature
with a linear and a nonlinear model

2008, volume 49: 449-455
Pesq. agropec. bras., Brasília

Nereu Augusto Streck, Isabel Lago, Luana Fernandes Gabrie and Flavia
Kaufmann Samboranha

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Albert Weiss, Professor Emeritus
School of Natural Resources