DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jeffrey White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:25:55 -0700
Micheal,

Here is a good example of why cultivar names and pedigrees are dangerous:

Another data source for wheat pedigrees is:
http://genbank.vurv.cz/wheat/pedigree/default.htm

I checked Limpopo and discovered that both Zimbabwe and South Africa have
released cultivars named Limpopo.
Your Limpopo is more likely the ZAF version:
SA-1684/4*BETTA

BETTA is also the recurent parent of BETTA-DN

                           / BETTA*4
BETTA-DN  x
                          \  SA-1684

So for an initial calibration, Limpopo and BETTA-DN should be almost
identical.

Elands and Caledon are not in this database, but Gariep shows as
SA-1684/4*MOLOPO

MOLOPO again has BETTA as a parent.  So if you have coefficients or field
data for BETTA, that would be an excellent starting point.

Best regards,
Jeff White

Jeffrey W. White
USWCL, USDA-ARS
Phoenix, AZ 85040
Tel. 1-602-437-1702 x 268
Fax 1-602-437-5291

Micheal Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications <[log in to unmask]>
01/28/2005 04:45 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Winter wheat - cultivars for RSA

Hi everybody,

Could anyone please let me know if genetic coefficients for wheat
cultivars like (Elands, Caledon,Gariep, Betta DN and Limpopo). This is
for South Africa.

Thanks

Micheal Howard

Agrista

Visible communication.

http://www.agrista.com

PO Box 211165, Bluff, South Africa, 4036

43 Sormany Rd, Brighton Beach, Durban, 4052

e-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Mobile:  +27 (0) 82 4156136

Tel: +27 (0) 31 467 7114

Fax: +27 (0) 31 467 8203