DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ajay Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:40:30 -0400
Hi All!

In the experiment, we maintained the water table depth at 60 cm for
control-drainage with subirrigation. We want to simulate control-drainage
with subirrigation using the DSSAT model. We referred the paper Liu et al.
(2011). We used the following steps under “simulation” option”

1. Set the irrigation management  to “automatic “

2. Set the management depth to “60 cm”

3. Irrigation method as “water table depth”

But the model shows water table depth at 100 cm. But the actual water table
depth was 60 cm. The tile drain is installed at 100 cm depth. We are
irrigating by pumping water through this tile drain.

The soil profile depth is 100 cm.

Can you suggest how to rectify the problem?

Thanks,

Ajay Singh

Reference:

Liu, H. L., Yang, J. Y., Tan, C. S., Drury, C. F., Reynolds, W. D., Zhang,
T. Q., Bai, Y. L., Jin, J., He, P., and Hoogenboom, G. (2011). "Simulating
water content, crop yield and nitrate-N loss under free and controlled tile
drainage with subsurface irrigation using the DSSAT model." *Agricultural
Water Management*, 98(6), 1105-1111.