DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Jim Hoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:38:12 -0500
There is a software package called "RadEst" which estimates the daily total
radiation using Tmax and Tmin available at
http://www.sipeaa.it/ASP/ASP2/index_tools.asp .

  Also depending upon the time period for which you need solar radiation
data,  the web site at  http://earth-www.larc.nasa.gov/solar/power/ (click
on the Sustainable Buildings or Agroclimatology links)  offers daily total
surface solar radiation derived from satellite observations, on a global
grid of 1 degree latitude by 1 degree longitude for the time period July
1983 - December 2004.

At 10:12 AM 2/8/2006, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone on the list,
>I've a couple of questions, but firstable i would like to thank to all the
>ppl who help me on my prior question related with some troubles on running
>DSSAT, G. Hoogenboom, J.I Lizaso and JW White.
>1.- Once we finished the simulation process, is it possible to derive an
>equation for the model to explain the yield ?
>2.- Is there any way to calculate the radiation value using only Tmx, Tmin
>and precipitation daily data ?
>
>T, i, A,
>
>MC Victor M Rodríguez Moreno
>Sensores Remotos y Sistemas de Información Geográfica
>INIFAP-CIRNOC-CEPAB
>Laboratorio Nacional de Modelaje y Sensores Remotos
>Campo Experimental Pabellón
>km 32.5 Carretera Ags-Zac CP 20660
>tel/fax (465) 958 01 61 y 67, Ext 132

SAIC/Langley Research Center