DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ajeet Nain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 13:56:47 +0530
Dear Wendy
What Sridhar has said is true that you can use other similar cultivar for
your study. But I would like to bring in your knowledge that the Genotype
coefficients are not always same and they change depending upon different
ecological regions and adulteration of cultivars. There was a big discussion
on this DSSAT LISTserver and it was mentioned by the Model developer that
these cultivars may change from one place to other.
Best thing that you can do is, develop your own coefficients. There are two
methods to develop genotype coefficients one is using Gencal software and
other is iterative adjustment (tuning) of coefficients for similar
cultivars.
This you can do even with two years data set and with 3-4 treatments.
One of student in our department is doing work on same aspects. So if you
want to share the data we can generate genotype coefficients for you.
With best wishes
Ajeet

Dr Ajeet Singh Nain
Department of Agrometeorology,
Indira Gandhi Agricultural University,
Krishaknagar, Raipur- 492 006
Chhattisgarh, India
Ph:   +91 771 2442557(O)
Fax: +91 771 2442557(O)
Mobile: +91 9425510954

Dear

>From: Sridhar Gummadi <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: FW: Choosing a soybean cultivate and genetic coefficients
>Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:09:35 +0530
>
>Dear Wendy,
>            The best option you have is to find out the cultivate whose
>genetic coefficients are pre-determined,and having the same
>phenological characteristics as DT84. Else if you have 3-4
>years experimental data of Dt84 then also u  can   work out the
>genetic coefficients using GenCal.
>
>With bes regards
>Sridhar Gummadi.
>
>Sridhar Gummadi
>SRF Agrometeorology,
>Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture (CRIDA),
>Hyderabad, A.P.
>Ph: 98489 59494

Claim your space online! http://www.msn.co.in/spaces Share your world for
free!