DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ángel Utset Suastegui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ángel Utset Suastegui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:00:15 +0200
There are several weather generators available.
They can be classified in parametric and non-parametric. Theoretically, the non parametric should give better results.
You could try both methods.
I would recommend LARS-WG that ca be freely downloaded from the Rothamstead Exp. Station web page, as well as with a manual.
LARS-WG is one of the most used weather generators and the only non-parametric I know!
You will need a daily series (you already have it). You can obtain realizations for the unknown period by "perturbating" LARS-WG with the changes in the monthly means. It is not hard to do.

Good luck!

Dr. A. Utset
ITACYL
Ctra. Burgos km 119, 47071 Valladolid