DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:12:20 -0500
Dear DSSAT Colleagues,

Two weeks ago an unfortunate "fishing" attempt was distributed to the
DSSAT listserv that raised many questions and concerns. DSSAT does NOT
require a password to run the software, to access the web site, and for
any other services. I have added an extra layer of security to the DSSAT
list that hopefully will resolve distribution of these types of messages
in the future. Again, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience these
messages might have caused. Please feel free to contact me in case you
still have questions or concerns.

Several of you attended the annual meeting of the ASA-CSSA-SSSA last
week in Salt Lake City, Utah. During the meetings, I gave a presentation
and overview of the current status of DSSAT. For those of you interested
in the presentation, it can be viewed on the DSSAT portal at the
following link: https://dssat.net/about/.

We also hosted the 24th Open Forum on Crop Modeling and Decision Support
Systems. A copy of the agenda and discussion items is attached.

We are very close to releasing DSSAT Version 4.8 during the next few
months. This new version will include new crops (teff, quinoa, chia) and
also the option to use a 4 digit year in the weather file. We have
evaluated this version of DSSAT in several workshops and it has been
very stable.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Regards,

Gerrit