DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Aaron Song <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 08:23:41 -0500
     Hong,

     Without any real measurement (in-situ or remote) there really is NO
way anyone can "create" rainfall data on the ground. If you have
temperature and dew point data at "all levels" in the troposphere (say
10 levels) then you can approximate by computing the "precipitable
water", which is a better-than-nothing data for rainfall.  But, I would
suggest you go through the online precip data sources (such as NOAA) and
get the true precip data for your case.

    Good Luck!

       Aaron      5/31/05

==================================
Dr. Aaron Song
Earth System Science Center
National Space Science and Technology Center
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
USA
Tel: (256) 961-7535