DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Arnold Salvacion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:56:47 -0800
Louis,

Its Arnold not Arnolg, anyway, tahks for the information and idea. If you would not mind what if I was just running 1 season simulation or forecast, what do you recommend the start of simlulation date with reference to planting date?

Thanks and regards,

Arnold

Louis du Pisani <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Arnolg,
Of course your starting date will have a lot to do with your yield because
this has everything to do with the amount of water in the soil when
planting. I have found that only if I start two years before planting date
can I have confidence in the modeled staring water content. So, whenever I
make a 30-year run, I run 32 years of simulation and throw away the first
two years. If you have a good handle on moisture content when starting
simulation, this would help.
Louis du Pisani