DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:35:39 +0000
Maurits,

Right now, none of the DSSAT models consider ozone damage effects.  Very few crop models do consider that.  I believe there are some data sets out there (North Carolina USDA as well as the SOYFACE-Illnois) from which damage functions could be created/calibraed, to impact RUE in RUE-based models and leaf rate in leaf-style models.  The effect is not just on assimilation, but also on transpiration reduction and that coupling may not be there.  More than that, ozone is not just an instantaneous thing, but really should "damage" the photosynthesis mechanism, going forward.  Martin Kropff back 15-plus years ago, worked on a nice approach for leaf-level models, but maybe that was SO3?

We are all lacking time, resources, and people to do this.  That is what it will take.  Are you volunteering?

Ken Boote